Senior & Assisted Living Advisor Throughout Illinois

Articles & Videos


What Happens with Medicaid When Moving State to State

 Medicaid Long Term Care coverage cannot be directly transferred from state to state. Instead, a Medicaid recipient who is moving out of state must end their Medicaid coverage in the state they are leaving and then reapply in their new state. The process can be complicated, but proper research and advance planning, it is possible with minimal or no loss of coverage. 

Contact Elderwerks

Finding assisted living or other types of aging care can be overwhelming. Let our dedicated team help you navigate your options.

Contact Us

For your complimentary, person-centered assistance or help touring a senior community, call an Elderwerks Advisor today at 855-462-0100.


Our newsletters provide up to date information on events, education, and other important updates of interest to older adults, families, and professionals.